Good baby girl names that begin with I

I may seem like a "problematic" first letter for a good baby girl name but as you'll see there a plenty of possibilities. One of the downsides of choosing a name that begins with "I" is that it may be confused with the letter "J" or sometimes even "L". Among the US American population, girl names that begin with I seem to be rare, at least compared to popular first letters like "A", "D", "E", or "S".

The following list contains dozens of unique names for your baby girls, all starting with I. You can easily find alternatives, though, and one of the reasons for choosing such a name is the general brevity of most names beginning with I.

Ida, Inez, Isis: those are really short and very pretty names, although they contain 2 syllables. It's a practical choice, at least, but as you can see below there are more reasons to go with an "I" name.

Good baby girl names starting with I

  1. Ida
  2. Idell
  3. Iesha
  4. Ila
  5. Ilda
  6. Ileen
  7. Iliana
  8. Ilona
  9. Iluminada
  10. Imelda
  11. In
  12. India
  13. Inell
  14. Inez
  15. Inge
  16. Inger
  17. Inocencia
  18. Iona
  19. Ira
  20. Irena
  21. Irina
  22. Irish
  23. Irmgard
  24. Isabel
  25. Isabella
  26. Isadora
  27. Isela
  28. Isis
  29. Iva
  30. Ivelisse
  31. Ivey
  32. Ivory
  33. Izetta
Many parents try to stay away from the names with I because they often sound unfamiliar, outlandish even, depending on your location. The list above contains a nice mix of mostly European sounding names and those that you'd find in Spanish speaking countries like Spain or Mexico.

Iluminada is a great name for a baby girl, and so is Isadora. Those are not run-of-the-mill names but really outstanding ones that grab one's attention immediately. We'd love to provide more good baby names for female children but we couldn't find them. If you're luckier in this regard, feel free to send us some feedback. We're on Twitter, Pinterest, and soon (probably) Instagram.

An argument can be made for the case of names starting with I, due to the fact that the sound ("I" as in "I love my baby") is so familiar, it can't be overheard. It just sticks, and we can only imagine the joy of a child that receives such a special, truly unique name from their loving parents.

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect baby girl names beginning with G

Unique baby girl names that start with C